You can use this search form for searching subject module.
This course will introduce main concepts in information security, and protection measures against various attacks, network, software, web security, as well as encryption algorithms.
Students will be able to:
- define the concepts of confidentiality, availability and integrity as they relate to information security
- explain the concepts of sophisticated attackers and script kiddies and their differences
- perform basic security planning, including physical security and technological security
- explain the proper situations for applying cryptographic hashing and encryption algorithms
- write software that utilizes encryption, hashing and digital signatures
- define the concepts of honey pots and secure sandboxes and their relationship to computer security
- explain the basics of network attacks such as SQL injection attacks
- identify typical computer crimes