To be a world-class institution of excellence in research, innovation and entrepreneurship for sustainable growth
- To craft knowledge in science and technology and to help solve the global challenges of the 21st century
- To promote and maintain excellence in graduate education for individual students, faculty, departments and the University as a whole
- To contribute to innovation through technology transfer and entrepreneurship for sustainability in a socio-economic development
- To foster a culture of collaborative and innovative research that facilitates the production of socially relevant solutions and knowledge transmit
DIVISION OF RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
The unit is responsible for assisting students and researchers at NUM in a variety of ways as listed below:
- To develop a research and innovation policy and strategic plans for NUM
- To identify and exploit alternative sources of funding for research, conducted by NUM researchers and students
- To build capacity in proposal development, project implementation and report writing (includes publishing in peer reviewed journals)
- To develop a University wide mentoring program for junior scientists and researchers
- To promote collaboration among university-industry-government as a triple helix
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ACHIEVEMENTS
Since NUM was founded, leading professors conducting cutting edge research in priority fields of natural and applied sciences, social sciences and humanity emerged. The great merit of NUM lies in the rich experiences and intellectual wealth amassed by the many hundreds of scholars who have not only undertaken research work in all areas of the natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities, but who have also prepared new generations of scholars and professionals for their respective fields. A sampling of some notable research achievements by NUM scholars includes:
At the NUM, World-class center for Mongolian Studies has been established by B .Rinchen, Sh.Luvsanvandan, Ts .Damdinsuren and their students based on their research activities.
These research works have been embraced by Mongolian linguists, cultural historians, literary specialists, textologists, and by scholars worldwide.
Technology Transfer: NUM recognizes the importance of fostering the development and utilization of innovation, and that the proper management and protection of innovation as intellectual property (IP) is an essential endeavor to promote and advance the University’s mission. In March 2011, NUM established a Technology Transfer Office (TTO) responsible for protecting, managing and licensing the intellectual property of NUM, including inventions in the nanotechnology, life science, information-communication technology and physical sciences sectors, copyright protected materials such as software and images, and tangible research materials .The TTO’s mission is to promote and facilitate the transfer of NUM’s innovations for the benefit of the University and the public .Faculties are responsible for reporting any discoveries or inventions that may have commercial value and any work that seems likely to produce such discoveries or inventions to the TTO.
Entrepreneurship education: Entrepreneurship means the transformation of an idea into an enterprise that creates value—economic, social, cultural or intellectual .NUM strongly focuses on the entrepreneurship education to increase the intellectual capital and promote entrepreneurial abilities and creativity in Mongolia.
Main building, Ikh surguuliin gudamj -1, Sukhbaatar District,
P.O.Box 46/120, Ulaanbaatar 14201, Mongolia
Tel: 976-11-320159, 77307730 (ext: 1137; 1138) Fax: 976-11-322508
Division of Research and Innovation Email: email@example.com
Technology Transfer Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org